Complete an informational interview (form included in this packet)
Complete the National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC)
Complete the Writing & Math Placement tests at KCC (Don’t worry! These tests are to assess your current skills)
I certify that all information I have provided in this form is true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I agree to give proof of the information, if requested. I authorize my application for the scholarship to be screened by a scholarship review committee.
Signature of applicant (type your full name)
Highest grade completed
High school diploma
Degrees, certificates, and licenses
Type of achievement
Are you currently in school?
If yes, name of school and program of study
If no, name of school and program of interest
Start date of training
End date of training
(Note: Application must be RECEIVED no later than 4 weeks before start date of your training)
List other resources available to help pay for the cost of the training, including part-time work, financial aid, other scholarships, savings, other income, etc.
Amount (per term/year)
Post-training job and wage information
What job do you expect to obtain?
Projected employment date in the new career field
The hourly wage range for this type of job (refer to your occupation & wage report)?
My acceptable entry level hourly wage?
Training/education cost breakdown
All requests for funding require official documentation, verified by training / education provider. Contact school or training provider & request a printed training cost breakdown.
Tuition and fees cost
Required tools and/or equipment cost
Other training related costs
Total cost of training (add the four lines above)
Amount of personal funds available to pay for training/education
Other funds available to pay for training (grants, loans, etc)
Amount requested from KCC to pay for training (subtract personal funds & other funds from the total cost of training)
List the items from the other training/education related costs mentioned above
Please provide your work history for the past 5 years, starting with the most recent. You MUST include your reasons for leaving each position.
Reason for leaving
INFORMATIONAL INTERVIEW OF INDIVIDUAL CURRENTLY EMPLOYED IN YOUR FIELD OF INTEREST
After the interview is completed, please have the individual you interviewed sign & date final page and upload the file or fill in the form below. All questions are required and must be fully answered.
Printable version of the informational interview form
Upload your filled out interview packet
Phone number of person interviewed
1. What do you like best about your job?
2. What do you like least about your job?
3. If you quit today and moved to another area, how difficult would it be for you to find a similar job?
4. How hard is it for an inexperienced person to land a job in this field?
5. What do you actually do most of the day? How do you spend your time?
6. Is this a high stress position? Do you take your job home with you?
7. What are the opportunities for advancement in a job like this?
8. What does this job pay? How do you get raises?
9. Are the benefits good? Is there a retirement plan?
10. What kind of training, education, and experience would you recommend someone pursue in order to get a job in this field?
11. Are there other qualifications needed for this job? (Strength, good eye sight, organization, computer skills, specific abilities, etc.)
12. How stable is your job? Is it seasonal? Are layoffs expected?
13. What hours and days do you work? Do you have to spend time working outside of these hours? (preparation, maintenance of equipment, overtime, union meetings, volunteer work)
14. Do you work mostly alone, or are you with others most of the time?
15. Does the company provide additional training as job requirements change?
16. Will this same job exist 15 years from now?
17. In addition to formal training or education, what should I be doing to prepare for this position?
Monthly regular expenses
Property taxes (if a separate payment)
Telephone (home and cell)
Cable TV/satellite/streaming services
Total housing expenses
Transportation cost total
Toiletries (shampoo, soap, toothpaste, etc.)
Total basic needs costs
Total medical expense costs
Fees or fines
Total other expenses
Total monthly expenses
Monthly regular income
Net wages (you)
Net wages (spouse)
Net wages (other)
Total long-term income
Monthly short-term income/public assistance
Total short-term income/public assistance
Total monthly income
I attest by my signature below that all information provided for this budget is true and accurate to the best of my knowledge
Signature (re-type name)