1. To enroll in the GED program, I am responsible to meet & complete the intake assessment with my Case Manager (CM) before the beginning of every term. Once registered, I am also responsible for providing a copy of my class schedule to my CM every term. These steps must be completed before GED courses begin, or my CM will assume I did not register, & will NOT pay for my GED tuition or any other related charges.
2. I am required to attend New Student Orientation, if applicable. It is my responsibility to know what resources are available to me at KCC to be successful in the GED program. The KCC website (www.klamathcc.edu), the KCC Student Handbook, plus KCC’s library are great tools to learn about resources available on campus.
3. I understand that it is my responsibility to inform my CM if I decide to drop the GED program at any point during the term. I am responsible to return any borrowed workbooks and/or calculators once I drop the GED program. I am also responsible for informing my CM if I stop attending regularly. If I do not inform my CM of attendance issue(s) or that I dropped GED courses, I may not receive future scholarships from KCC or other program providers.
4. I am required to submit an Attendance Report to my CM on a weekly basis for the duration of the program. If I do not turn in an Attendance Report by the end of the first week of class, my CM will assume I dropped the GED program & will NOT PAY for my tuition or any related charges. If I do not submit an Attendance Report on a regular basis after the first week of class, I understand that I may be DENIED a Scholarship for future programs / terms. KCET expects online students to complete 8 hours / week of instruction and face-to-face (F2F) students are expected to complete 12 hours / week of class time. It is my responsibility to discuss what hours are expected of me from my DHS Family Coach.
5. I agree to communicate my progress in GED with my CM. I understand that funding will only be provided for 1 year through this program. If I do not complete the GED in a year, I will be responsible to pay my tuition and testing fees through other funding streams. I am also required to inform CM of my score(s) on all placement test(s), exam(s) & practice test(s). I am required to give a copy of my test results to my CM to put in my file. If I fail to communicate with my Case Manager, I understand that I may be DENIED a Scholarship for future programs / terms.
6. It is my responsibility to inform my CM of the date and time of any GED exam that I schedule. If I am not able to attend a scheduled exam, it is my sole responsibility to reschedule by calling 1-877-EXAM-GED or 1-877-392-6433.
Student signature (retype name)
Staff signature (retype name)