1. To enroll in my classes, I am responsible for requesting a Registration Authorization from my Case Manager (CM) or Employment Counselor (EC) each term. Once registered, I am also responsible for providing a copy of my class schedule to my CM / EC every term. These steps must be completed before class(es) begin, or my CM / EC will assume I did not register, & will NOT pay for my class(es).
2. I am required to attend New Student Orientation and complete an Intro to Canvas Learning Platform seminar before the term begins. It is my responsibility to know what resources are available to me at KCC. The KCC website (www.klamathcc.edu), the KCC Student Handbook, plus KCC’s library & local libraries in Klamath/Lake counties are great tools to learn about resources available both on & off campus.
3. I understand that it is my responsibility to drop any course(s) by the first Friday of the term or by the end of the first week of classes. I am responsible to return any borrowed workbooks, calculators, or tools that were purchased for me if I drop the relevant class or stop attending regularly before I completed all class requirements. I am responsible for informing CM / EC about any dropped class(es) or failure to attend 2 or more classes, or if I stop attending regularly. If I do not inform CM / EC of attendance issue(s) or dropped class(es), I may not receive future scholarships from KCC or program providers.
4. I am required to submit an Attendance Report to my CM / EC on a weekly basis for the duration of the program. If I do not turn in an Attendance Report by the end of the first week of classes, my CM / EC will assume I dropped my course(s) & will NOT PAY for my course(s).
5. I am required to discuss any changes to my class schedule & enrollment or my academic plan with my CM / EC before any changes are made to schedule, enrollment status or plan. Any changes will require a modification of my College & Career Plan, plus my Scholarship Application forms. This process will take time to complete. Do NOT register for additional courses if they have not been approved by your CM or EC. Changes to your class schedule are NOT guaranteed to be approved by CM / EC.
6. I am required to maintain a “C” average or better for each term; or if program is not grade-based I agree to communicate progress with my CM / EC. I am also required to inform CM / EC of my score(s) on all exam(s) & practice test(s). If I am falling behind in any of my classes or have 80% or less attendance, it is my responsibility to discuss situation with CM / EC and create an action plan. If necessary, I am responsible to withdraw from classes. If I fail to communicate with my Case Manager, I understand that I may be DENIED a Scholarship for future programs / terms.
Student signature (retype name)
Staff signature (retype name)